English language learner placement with Rosetta Stone for Schools
English language learners come to classrooms with varying levels of English language exposure and unique learning needs. Educators are challenged with providing each student with a curriculum that meets them at their current proficiency level while also helping them progress.
Rosetta Stone Placement Guides
Offering an easy way to determine placement and get students started quickly, Rosetta Stone for Schools has developed placement guides for English language learners. These placement guides provide recommendations based on students’ scores on the most common English assessments, the ones they’re already taking in their classrooms. Created for grades 6 -12, these guides identify the appropriate starting unit for each student.
State English language proficiency assessments
Rosetta Stone for Schools Placement Guides are available for English language proficiency assessments used in every state including:
- English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC)
- Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS)
- LAS Links
- Arizona English Language Learner Assessment (AZELLA)
- WIDA Screener and ACCESS for ELLs
- New York State English As A Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT)
- English Language Proficiency Assessment for the 21st Century (ELPA21) Screener and Summative Assessments (ELPA)
- Ohio English Language Proficiency Screener (OELPS) Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment (OELPA)
- The Louisiana English Language Proficiency Screener (ELPS) and English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT)
- The Mississippi English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT)
How to use Rosetta Stone Placement Guides
Educators can determine placement for any student who has taken the proficiency test used in their district. In just a few short steps, students can begin practicing speaking, listening, writing, and reading English at the right level for them.
- Gather students’ state proficiency test scores.
- Visit Rosetta Stone for School’s Resources for English Learners and select Rosetta Stone Foundations Placement Guides.
- Find the corresponding placement guide, refer to each student’s score, and record the recommended starting Unit.
- Assign each student the appropriate starting unit and aid them in accessing it from their menu.
ELL teacher resources
Rosetta Stone for Schools Placement Guides are just one of the many resources that are available for ELL teachers. Explore our Teacher Resources for English Learners to see activities, readings, and more!
Interested in learning more about providing a comprehensive curriculum for English language learners in your school or district? Contact us!0